The Family Network is present in more than 50 Country Office Locations. In these local chapters, members support each other to explore, learn and thrive. Members support each other to explore, learn and thrive. As a WBFN member you can connect with other WBG families in your new location, even before you move! Joining the worldwide WBFN community allows you to:
- Find information specific to WBG families, engage in activities, have fun and make new friends
- Be part of the local WBFN online community (Facebook, Whatsapp, Google).
- Get tips, recommendations and invites to local activities
- Create and participate to groups with similar interests
- Attend online seminars regarding family and career support
- Access the country-specific pages with local WBFN contacts and recommendations
- Get support from WBFN and receive weekly newsletters with useful information
To register as a member, go to Registration by clicking here.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- WBFN has local chapters worldwide. The local chapter may offer:
- Welcoming gatherings (get-togethers, like coffee mornings)
- Activities and workshops (cultural or nature excursions, language classes, book clubs, cooking classes etc.)
- Online communities (Google, Whatsapp and Facebook groups)
- Community projects (supporting village schools, orphanages, fundraising etc.)
- Professional groups (job seekers’ networking, workshops, online classes, support etc.)
- The volunteer WBFN Champions coordinate all activities. Larger local chapters are coordinated by a Champion Lead and several Champions, while smaller local chapters typically have one Champion. All members are invited to join the events/activities of the local chapter, and all members are eligible for volunteer positions.
- The activities are usually self-funded by members and some activities may include WBG staff members and children
- In most chapters, members join WBFN social media groups to exchange tips and information on topics such as relocation, schools, local activities, spouse employment/volunteering, household items and vehicles for sale, etc. The groups are only open to members who live in the location, and those in the process of relocating there.
If your local chapter doesn’t offer what you are looking for, please let us hear your ideas. We may be able to connect you with other members with similar interests and help the community transform ideas to action.
- A WBFN Champion is a WBG spouse/partner, typically with experience from several international moves, who volunteers time and effort to help others get a soft landing and early adjustment in the new location.
- The Champion has been living in the particular location long enough to be well-connected and well-informed. The Champion can provide recommendations and direct you to resources. The connection between a member and a Champion is established as early as possible in the relocation process - ideally before the pre-assignment trip (if any), so the relocating member benefit maximally from the contact.
- The support you get from a WBFN Champion is on a friend-to-friend basis, personal, and non-institutionalized. The Champions are guided by the Worldwide Team in Washington. NOTE. The support by WBFN Champions and WBFN local chapters are not to be confused with the professional relocation support provided by HR/Global Mobility (or outsourced by WBG to relocation companies) to certain families, depending on staff contract.
- WBFN support and WBG support are two types of support, complementary to each other. The WBFN Champion will not take you house hunting, take care of utility setup, or do guided city-tours etc.
Check out how you could get involved in your local chapter.