Issue #4— February 20, 2018
The popular Teen Summer Program accepts applications from Feb 26 - Mar 07
The 2018 Teen Summer Program provides an opportunity for participants to learn about the history and activities of the WBG, IMF and IDB through staff presentations, interactive projects, group discussions and personal development sessions. Simulated real-life situations and role-play with staff and other professionals provide a look inside the three international organizations and give teens an opportunity to debate current global issues and interventions.
The program has been offered yearly since 2005, and attracts many applicants. The program is limited to 40 participants.
Final selection will be by interview. The selection process is expected to end in late April.
When? Three weeks from June 26th - July 12th, from 9:00am-4:00pm, Monday through Friday, at Headquarters in Washington, USA.
Who can apply?
- Participant must be 16 years old by June 1, 2018 and no older than 18 years by July 13, 2018.
- Participant cannot be a college student.
- Participant must be a son or daughter of a WBG/ IMF/IDB staff member.
- One parent must be a member of their respective family association: WBFN, IMFFA, or IDBFA.
- Participant must be available to attend the entire program.
- Participant must submit a completed online application form.
More details on the Teen Summer Program 2018 coming soon. If you are interested, STAY TUNED!